Gold in the Soil Awards
WOFAGRIC seeks to pay tribute to the efforts and contribution by women, young female ‘agripreneurs’ , female students and women with disabilities for their roles toward ensuring food security, poverty alleviation, employment creation and ultimately helping the economy.
- Leadership training
- Mentorship and guidance dialogue
- Produce a documentary to showcase the works of the women and the award winners
- Role models
- Organize Gold in the Soil Awards for outstanding women in Agric
- Showcasing through exhibitions and conferences, the works, products and services of women in Agric in Ghana and beyond.
The program was launched in 2018 with the main event coming off in March,2019
WHAT IS WOFAGRIC?
WOFAGRIC forms part of efforts to empower women, promote their works, expand their horizon, recognize and award their works and further mentor and inspire other women to venture into Agribusiness.
WHAT IS ITS AIM?
It aims at teaching women, through competence-base approaches, demonstrations, soft skills, that they can employ in agribusiness to create jobs, enhance their livelihoods and improve their social, economic, human and environmental agribusiness drive and agenda .
It equally gives women a voice, whiles strengthening their agribusiness enterprises , through the provision of market intelligence, price information, training and skills needed to improve their business performance.
WHAT IS GOLD IN THE SOIL AWARDS
It brings to the lime-light women working, thriving, excelling and making waves in the field of agriculture.
PROGRAM FOCUS OUTLINE FOR THE 2-DAY EVENT
Participation cuts across smallholder women , rural women, women achievers, ‘agriprenuers’ and youth in agriculture.
It runs for 2days, alongside WOFAGRIC.
HOW DO WE UNEARTH OUR GOLD IN THE SOIL?
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE?
WHAT IT SEEKS TO ACHIEVE
WHO ENGAGES OR PARTICIPATES?
GOLD IN THE SOIL AWARD CATEGORIES.
The award categories are;
- Passion for the Farm Awards,
- She-innovates Award,
- The Super Woman Award,
- Climate-Smart Women Project Award,
- Woman in Extension Services Award,
- Star in Ag Award, Royal Agro Award,
- Diamond in the rough award,
- Feed to Food Award,
- The Change Champion Award,
- Lady of the Region Export Award,
- Development Partner Award,
- Princess Carla Award,
- Gold in the Soil Award,
- Agro Legend Award.
+233 24 462 3012
Mon: 9am - 5pm
Tue: 9am - 5pm
Wed: 9am - 5pm
Thur: 9am - 5pm
Fri: 9am - 5pm